About Me

My photo
Welcome, in my blog you will go on adventures with me to faraway places, or right at home through my pictures and words.

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Go:61

This is a poem I wrote for the organization Go:61, based off of of the verse Isaiah 61. Go:61 is a nonprofit organization against modern day slavery and human trafficking.

From the ashes you made life,
From the grave you came alive,
You have conquered every strife,
And even with all my pride,
You held me up before your life,
Crying blood all for me,
So that I could be set free,
We must take the next step,
We can’t stop at your last breath,
Everything that you have done,
Must always carry on,
For I hear the captives every plea,
Crying to God,
“Come save me!”
I see the women trapped in lies,
Wanting her soul to come alive,
I feel the gripping hearts inside,
Broken with fear,
Trying to hide,
We can shine your loving light,
Into each and every dark, lost life,
We can do amazing things,
Through you who give so many dreams.


~Madison Bateman

No comments:

Post a Comment