About Me

My photo
Welcome, in my blog you will go on adventures with me to faraway places, or right at home through my pictures and words.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Last Breath

 I wrote this poem for my biology class because we are doing an insect project.  We have to kill the insects by suffocating them in a container with nail polish remover in it so we can display them.  It was so sad to watch the poor things twitch and die in a crippling pose!  I couldn't bring myself to do it anymore so I wrote a poem from the insect's perspective, specifically a moth.  It's just personally how I have to get my point across sometimes..so here it is.


Last Breath

Her life is simple,
Drawn to the light she goes off to a place she doesn't remember,
Disoriented and confused,
She goes to a lit corner safe from the others,
Only to be woken trapped in a glass chamber,
Suddenly white balls are dropped down from someone,
She goes to investigate but they are poison,
She climbs to the top of the container,
And finds the last pocket of air and comfort,
Her legs become weak and head so heavy,
She falls hard on her back surrounded by poison,
Looking up she hoped to see blue skies and green grass,
Not a glass dungeon and fogged vision,
Chest burning and legs twitching,
She fades away into a dark slumber...


No comments:

Post a Comment